The IRS is required to release a levy if it determines that:
- You paid the amount you owe,
- The period for collection ended prior to the levy being issued,
- Releasing the levy will help you pay your taxes,
- You enter into an Installment Agreement and the terms of the agreement don’t allow for the levy to continue,
- The levy creates an economic hardship, meaning the IRS has determined the levy prevents you from meeting basic, reasonable living expenses.
Apply for a Levy Release
Hire a licensed tax professional to resolve your tax debt.